Mural and faux pricing is determined by four factors:
- intricacy of design
- working conditions
- accessibility of surfaces
- cost of materials
- location of job site
We will discuss the project at length so that you will have a time and cost estimate. we will provide sketches or samples to determine the exact design the client wants. There may be a fee for samples, especially if a designer or achitect is involved in the project and special trips are required to gain approval. Most of the materials needed to achieve a certain faux look, cannot be purchased in small quantities. The cost for sample materials will then be applied to the cost of the job when contracted.
- Once we have reached an agreement to start your project a contract will be presented which details of the work to be done and a window of project start and end dates.
- A 50% deposit will be required at the start of the project. The deposit is used to purchase the supplies needed to complete your project, the time required to design the custom elements and to confirm consideration in our schedule your project.
- Balance of all work is due on completion.
- Any extra requests will be billed at an additional price.
- The client pays for driving and lodging expenses if outside the Vancouver area.
- The basic cost for a mural is not based on square footage.
- Prices vary depending on the difficulty or intricacy of the design.
- There may be additional charges depending on working conditions such as restricted hours of operation, vaulted ceilings, cramped spaces or driving time and distance.
- Pricing includes all materials. However, certain items, such as specialized equipment or scaffolding needed to complete the job will be added to the price of the paint cost estimate.
Faux Project Costs:
- For Faux projects, the price is determined by cost of materials and how many passes on the wall are required to create the finished look. Prices range from $2.00 to $10.00 per square foot.
Cabinet Refinishing and ReDefining Costs:
- For Cabinet refinishing projects, the price is determined by the number of doors and styles that are in the to be finished. The number of steps required to get the desired results, and the cost of all materials required.
- Due to high demands on our time, we charge a non refundable consulting fee of $50.00-75.00 for residential quoting visits. However, when you book your project the consulting fee will be deducted from the cost of the project.
I hope this information has been helpful to understand the work process and pricing for mural and faux projects. I know I wouldn’t want to meet with someone only to find out their pricing is totally out of line with what I can afford. Thanks for stopping by, please call us with ANY questions and we will hope to hear from you soon!
*Low-cost mural candidates pay only for paint supplies and transportation costs.
In Preparation for Your Project:
- Before your mural project begins it will be requested that there is a base coat of eggshell or satin paint on the walls or ceilings and a clear and available working space.
- Please move as much furniture as possible out of the working area. We will respectfully cover or mask off any pieces in the room.
- Please make sure walls are completely patched, smooth and ready for finishing.
- For cabinet refinishing, please remove any items from your cabinets and counter tops.
- Any significant base painting, wall patching, or wall preparation will be an additional fee unless discussed at time of quoting.
- Prep painting may include filling holes in walls, texturing and putting a primer or base coat on the wall.
- If you have a tight budget, to lower your costs, I suggest preparing the wall and painting the base coat yourself. We are here to work with you to accomplish your visions, enhance your space and enrich your lives.
Call us today 604.785.8232